thisIZvall's Area

welcome to vall's area.. here you may find anything about me, myself and my personality.. and many other things i love and enjoy.. ^^
it will be more of INFINITE here, since i love to listen on KPop these days.
i'd say, INFINITEly INSPIRIT here... ^^

XOXO,
Vall! ^^

November 19, 2012

Style Breakdown: B1A4′s “Try to Walk”

B1A4 is back with “Try to Walk“, and they’re looking better than ever! While we’re used to wild and colorful styles from these guys, they’ve decided to tone it down this time around and go for a more mature look.
Wow, is this video pretty or what? It kind of reminds me of Big Bang‘s “Koe Wo Kikasete” video, with all the angsty, well dressed guys standing around looking pretty. Everyone in this scene is wearing the same shoes (except for CNU, who just had to be different), Snake Print Skull Leather Sneakers by Philipp Plein ($537 USD)- Gongchan and Sandeul wear the white version, while Jinyoung and Baro wear the black version. Sandeul wore another pair of Philipp Plein shoes, the “Leo” sneakers (~$920 USD) in his teaser.
The guys are still wearing funky styles- like Gongchan’s floral print suit, Sandeul’s mixed prints with two different plaids, and Jinyoung’s matte sequined jacket, but because the clothes fit well and are in more muted colors, the effect isn’t as adolescent as some of their older looks. CNU‘s wearing a KTZ Symbol Charm Wallet Chain (~732 USD)- many pieces from this jewelry line were used in miss A‘s “I Don’t Need a Man” video. It’s hard to see in the picture, but Sandeul’s hair is now kind of blue. CNU also has in blue contacts. I don’t really like them on him, but when I mentioned that to my CNU-biased little sister, she told me that I’m stupid and don’t know what I’m talking about, so there you go.
There are turtlenecks galore in this video- the previous pictures already featured cream, blue, and beige variations, and here we have Jinyoung in dark gray and CNU in another cream-colored one.  I’ve never cared much for turtlenecks, but when winter comes around they’re kind of handy.  One of the reasons I don’t really like them is that they create such a big expanse of one fabric right next to your face, which can make your proportions look a little weird- Jinyoung combats this by layering his turtleneck under a denim shirt, while CNU breaks up his turtleneck with a pearl-embroidered bib necklace.
I can’t find the exact shirt, but Sandeul’s button-down looks a lot like the grey brick pattern we saw in Jean Paul Gaultier‘s fall 2012 menswear line.  Gaultier also did a number of cream, beige, black, and grey turtlenecks for this line, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the turtlenecks in this video are also from his line.
Also, is it just me, or does it look like Sandeul’s tie is made from a clip-in hair extension?
Here we have another turtleneck, this time on Gongchan. Baro’s wearing one, too, but it’s hidden under his giant, furry scarf. Gongchan’s necklace is a KTZ design that is no longer available online. I love the beaded detail on his sleeve. Baro’s trying to make overalls look cool, and I don’t think he’s succeeding, but I do like his G-Dragon-esque hair.
The scene below (which my sister has dubbed the “elephant graveyard” because of the giant, ribcage-like set pieces) features clothes with a lot of strong blacks and whites and some dark greys, but not a lot of color. CNU’s wearing the same KTZ pendant Gongchan was wearing earlier, and Baro is wearing the very similar KTZ Heart Broach [sic] (~$120 USD) while Sandeul is wearing a Givenchy shirt that we’ve covered before here on allkpop, but which is no longer available for purchase. While I was researching this set of outfits, I found out that the technical name for the scarf-like thing on Baro’s collar is a “pussy bow”- you learn something new every day.
Here we can see that Gongchan is head-to-knees dressed in KTZ- wearing their Sparkle Sequin Poloneck Jumper / Man (~$515 USD), Tartan Trousers With Pleated Apron/ White (~ $609 USD), and the same Symbol Charm Wallet Chain we saw on CNU earlier. I think he’s wearing Philipp Plein’s Biker Boot “Soldier” (~$1,267 USD) boots. Baro is wearing his white Philipp Plein shoes from earlier. I’m about 90% sure that Jinyoung’s outfit is by KTZ- that’s definitely their tartan pattern- but I couldn’t track it down anywhere. His boots appear to be the Philipp Plein Boot “Superstar” (~$1,267 USD)
For the big breakup scene, Baro wore a red velour suit (guys, don’t ever google “red velour suit”… you will not find this outfit) with a bold, black and white shirt, the KTZ Heart Broach, and his white Philipp Plein sneakers. The look has kind of an Alice in Wonderland feel to it, I think. Most of his rings look like Chrome Hearts designs, which are notoriously hard to track down online, but here you can see one of them for sale for ~$1,188 USD.
While I was working on this outfit, I realized that I basically own the poor woman’s version and live in it all winter. I love the sweater vest style, because you then can stay warm without bulky sweater sleeves getting in your way. Here, Baro is wearing the same Philipp Plein boots Jinyoung wore in the elephant graveyard, as well as some more Chrome Hearts jewelry- the dagger ring is available here for ~$3,351 USD.
We already saw this outfit from a distance earlier, but here are some better shots of it, including a close up of those black Philipp Plein sneakers. Now, the trench coat he’s wearing here, as well as the black fingerless gloves in the last image, and Sandeul’s grey fingerless gloves up near the beginning of this article all have the same sequins and starbursts sewn onto them as Gongchan’s KTZ turtleneck from the elephant graveyard. I don’t think these are actual KTZ pieces (if they are, there’s no sign of them on KTZ’s website), which makes me wonder if their stylist took apart as KTZ piece and put all the sequin on these other pieces to help with the cohesion of the style in this video. Given all of the care and attention to detail that went into this video, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had done that.

I don’t think I have a favorite look in this video, but I do appreciate Sandeul’s lack of turtlenecks. What’s your favorite look? Do you like B1A4′s new style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Kitty Kimono Dress